Day 1: A Slow Beginning

Today I awoke bright and early, bubbling with energy and excitement for the coming events of the day. As soon as I rendezvoused with my Ordinator, I would learn the details of the quest and we would spend the day preparing for tomorrow's departure. Gracon arrived on schedule and already prepared for the next day's departure; an impressive display of his professionalism as an Ordinator. And if he himself was something to view in awe, it was little compared to the glamour of his mighty two-handed sword, Granistraken; believed to be a cursed blade. I could hardly believe my eyes when I first saw the sheathed sword strapped to his back, the size and decor of its hilt hinting at power. It was obvious that only a man of Gracon's stature could wield such a weapon, yet a small part of my mind grew the thought of one day brandishing it. However, thus was not the task at hand!

Tossing the thoughts from my mind, I engaged in Gracon's brief. The item we seek is a an heirloom of the royal family. Not much more than a jeweled broach, the value lies in sentiment; however, the Queen was bent on finding it. The locations: a grotto in the Cy're Swamp, a 4 day trek north. It seems as though I have my work cut out for me, starting with such an ambiguous quest.

We left the Holy City of Syara at midday, working to get a quick start and to go through the night. Our first destination was a small town just north-east of the city, a artisan village named Jewel. We were to meet up with an agent of Gracon's for more information regarding the broach and what obstacles may lay in wait. Strangely, he dodged any questions regarding the agent we were to meet. Regardless, I trust the grand Ordinator and hopefully in time I will be able to know what he knows. He also informed me that we would be staying at a country in and warn me to be precarious of any friendly women, although I'm unsure as to why. City girls and country girls can't be too different, can they?

~ Martholemew Sabastian Gran'Hewitstchmitt III

No comments: